THUJA OCCIDENTALIS ‘DEGROOTS SPIRE’ – Degroots Spire Cedar
Degroot’s Spire is a cultivated version of Thuja Occidentalis. This is a durable cedar that tolerates a wide range of different soil types, and is great for high humidity areas or areas that receive lots of rain. Pruning is best done in the spring. Great for a vertical accent in landscaping, privacy screen, or as a fencing hedge. The tree grows from 6 feet up to 20 feet. It has a medium green foliage.
The wild version of this tree is often found in swamps or even on many cliffs. This is a very durable tree.
Here are some quick facts about the Degroots Spire Cedar:
- grows slower and stays narrower than Smaragd and Brandon
- unique foliage that twists and layers over itself
- sturdy and more resistant to snow damage
- deer resistant
- ideal for narrow applications such as row housing
- may also be planted as single specimen; Great Plant PickH: 12 – 15 ft. W: 3 ft.
If you are interested in our Degroots Spire Cedars, please call us at 604-857-5614
or fill in the form to the right for an exact quote based on quantity and location for shipping.
(Not all images on this site are images from our nursery, rather they are provided for you to see the plant in various sizes and applications of use)