Degroot’s Spire is a cultivated version of Thuja Occidentalis. This is a durable cedar that tolerates a wide range of different soil types, and is great for high humidity areas or areas that receive lots of rain. Pruning is best done in the spring. Great for a vertical accent in landscaping, privacy screen, or as a fencing hedge. The tree grows from 6 feet up to 20 feet. It has a medium green foliage.
The wild version of this tree is often found in swamps or even on many cliffs. This is a very durable tree.
some quick facts about the Degroots Spire Cedar:
- Grows slower and stays narrower than Smaragd and Brandon
- Unique foliage that twists and layers over itself
- Sturdy and more resistant to snow damage
- Deer resistant
- Ideal for narrow applications such as row housing
- May also be planted as single specimen; Great Plant PickH: 12 – 15 ft. W: 3 ft.